Impotency is the inability of a man to have sexual intercourse. This medical condition is called Erectile Dysfunction or ED. Impotency is one of the biggest fears of men and it targets a wide age range. There are numerous reasons why impotency occurs. It may be caused by a disease, accident, age and emotions. Impotency is preventable unless the cause is aging and curing it varies from case with little success.
Causes of impotency:
- Medications: There are certain drugs and medications that cause impotency. Most of these drugs are composed of hormonal inhibitors that inhibit testosterone.
- Emotions: Nervousness will cause a person to lose erections. This is a temporary case until the person calms down.
- Heart Conditions: Weakening of the heart can be a reason to become impotent. Without proper blood flow, the penis cannot have an erection.
- Endocrine Issues: Diseases that cause hormonal imbalance in the body will cause impotence. A good example of this would be diabetes and multiple sclerosis.
- Surgeries and Accidents: Some surgeries will cause impotence, such as removal of the prostate. Accidents that cause damage to the nervous system may also cause impotency.
- Aging: Getting older will lessen the testosterone release, which is related to sexual drive. It also weakens the muscles and the nervous system needed for erection.
- Healthy living: Changing to a healthy lifestyle, such as daily exercise and healthy diet will lessen the chances of impotence.
- Quit smoking: Nicotine causes erectile dysfunction. The quitting it will unblock arteries for better blood flow.
- Alcohol: Alcohol destroys the kidneys and liver, which increases the chance of impotency.
- Complete sleep: Sleep revitalizes the body and gets rid of stress and anxiety. Getting enough sleep will lessen the risk of erectile dysfunction.
Cures: Curing impotence is possible with the use of certain drugs. Consult a doctor for prescriptions.