There was a time you were almost embarrassed to tell friends or relatives you met your girlfriend online, but nowadays its practically the norm.
Here are 8 interesting things about online dating.
1. Internet dating is a global industry that brings in nearly 2 billion dollars a year in revenue
2. The giant in online dating Match.com released figures stating that 1/3rd of women on the site found a long term relationship, another 1/3rd found short term ones, and the remaining third simply gave up.
3. 90% of single parents want to date other single parents
4. Women with photos receive triple the interest
5. Men that list their income as more then $250,000 a year get about double the likes then under $50 000
6. When it comes to online dating, men’s biggest fear is that the women will turn out to be fat, while women fear something a tad more serious, serial killers
7. As of 2016, it’s been reported that approximately 50% of all relationships are formed online in one way or another