**We may earn money from banners or links that are clicked in this post.**
Hair loss is one of the biggest problems men have to face. The causes of hair loss are numerous which includes, genetic, hormone imbalance, medication, hair products and aging. Although hair loss can be prevented and slowed down, it cannot be cured.
Causes of Hair Loss:
- Aging: Aging is the leading cause of hair loss. Hair follicles on the head weaken naturally with time.
- Hereditary/Genetics: Men who have parents, grandparents and relatives who are bald will most likely turn bald earlier because of hereditary reasons.
- Hormones: Hormonal imbalance such as over production of testosterone will result in balding.
- Medications: Prescription drugs and cancer medications will cause weakening of hair strands leading to baldness. Steroids are also agents of balding.
- Hair products: Using strong and numerous hair products such as wax, gel, hair spray and shampoo poisons hair roots.
- Protein deficiency: Insufficient consumption of protein rich foods will hasten hair fall.
Prevention of Hair Loss:
- Anti Hair Fall Conditioner: Use this type of conditioner to strengthen hair strands and use shampoo in lesser frequency because most shampoos have strong chemicals in them.
- Aloevera: The use of aloe vera on the hair will strengthen the hair strands for lesser hair fall. The vitamin e in the aloe vera can rejuvenate the hair.
- Hair Implants: This procedure is expensive, but it will replace the lost hair on the scalp with new ones.
- Eating food with high protein and vitamin e: Regular intake of these foods has positive effects on the scalp and is also good for the skin.
- Minoxidil: This is a prescriptive drug that treats male-pattern baldness. It lessens the hair thinning process.
Finasteride: This treats hormone imbalance that causes hair loss. Over production of testosterone, which leads to baldness will be lessened upon taking this drug.