**We may earn money from banners or links that are clicked in this post**
Steroid is always a topic when body building is mentioned. It is a hormonal drug composed of testosterone and cortisol that increases muscle development when used together with proper weight training. The muscle increase is significant compared with those who don’t use the drug. However, beneficial effects of steroids are in junction with the side effects involved with its usage. These side effects can be range from minimal to sever. It is advisable to use this muscle building drug with caution and proper dosage.
Benefits of steroid: Anabolic Androgenic Steroid (AAS) has many uses both as cure for certain diseases and athletic enhancement. This is also used as pain reliever for those suffering from terminal diseases like AIDS for example.
- Body building and muscle gain booster
- Improving their athletic results
- Decrease muscle pain for longer periods of workout
- Improve body function
- Faster recovery from an injury
- Can induce puberty faster
Side Effect and Risk of Steroid: Regular use of steroids can induce minimal side effect, but over use will bring severe. It is advisable for men to minimize the use of steroid to prevent this.
- Hearth problems
- High blood pressure
- Infertility and impotence
- Restlessness and agitation
- Osteoporosis and bone brittleness
- Kidney and liver problems
- Stomach problems and bleeding
- Hostile and violent behavior may occur
Friendly advice: Men who are planning to use steroids should first have a consultation with a doctor to determine if it is safe for consumption. This is to find out if the individual is suffering from any heart disease, kidney and liver problems. Using steroids and other anabolic drugs will worsen these medical conditions and may lead to death.